Monday, January 11, 2010

Design wall 1-11-2010


Well here is the first design wall post of the year for me. Last month I said that I was going to do the Monday design wall from Judy L. blog. Last week I did not have my stuff, (mind) together to post a picture. I did read and look at the other post on the link from Judy's blog post. Everyone blogs and designs walls are looking great. So keeping this short so I can get it posted and linked.

The design wall is the start of a quilt that I am trying to start, and finish before February 11th. This quilt will be a charity quilt for one of the guilds that I belong to. As a group we are donating about 15 quilts to a local children's home. I wanted to play with all the 2.5" strips that I have been exchanging with a guild group. Most of the strips I pulled from my stash, I only had to buy about a half dozen other fabrics. I was short on the green and lighter color purples. So shopping I went for more fabric. On the wall is only two strips of a braid quilt that I found on the web. I will look to see where I got the pattern from so that credit to the pattern is to whom it is properly credited to. Hopefully next week I will have all 7 strips up on the wall and starting the borders.

So if you have a few extra minutes jump over to Judy's blog and look at all the wonderful blogs and links. Have a great Monday.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love braid quilts...yours is very pretty!
I have one in my UFO pile somewhere...should dig it out and finish it this year.

Dawn-Marie said...

I just finished a braid quilt. I love the colors you have picked nice and happy.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well good for you for getting a photo up - it is fun to check out to see what everyone else is doing. Love your braid! Cheers! Evelyn